Preparing for Interviews
So you're a jobseeker and you've been invited for an interview. Hurrah! Not so fast. There's serious thinking to be done. Here's my quick interview preparation checklist:
- Have I researched the organisation sufficiently?
- What topics matter to this organisation right now?
- What questions might I be asked? (How will I answer them?)
- What personal achievements can I describe that show I can excel at this role?
- Have I reviewed my notes from previous interviews so that I can learn from any mistakes?
- What are the key weaknesses in my candidacy? (How will I explain or mitigate those?)
- Who will be interviewing me?
- Have I looked them up on LinkedIn?
- Which version of my CV did I send and have I printed it off?
- Have I printed off the cover letter I used?
- Have I printed off the job ad (if any) and any other documents the organisation sent me?
- Are there any printed examples of my work that I can take with me that show my skills?
- How will I get to the venue in time, unflustered and prepared?
- What's the weather forecast?
- What will I wear? (Do I need to take stuff to the dry cleaners? What is the dress code for this organisation?)
- Have I looked at Glassdoors preparation advice?
- What questions will I ask?